“Three Maxes and a Little Lady”
|Season 4, Episode 5|
January 7, 2011
- "The original Russo family wizard competition date stands. I think you two Maxes and the little girl could use the time to work things out."
Alex joins Justin's delinquent wizard class to try to gain a level in the family wizard competition. Max joins a sophisticated wizard society, where its leader, Fidel, suggests he move the wizard competition up to a few days away in order to clinch victory. Eventually, Max quits the society because he finds out that they are taking advantage of him.
But when Max arrives at the commissioner’s office to also change the date back, he is surprised to find that two of him are already there. Alex’s and Justin’s spells to put Max in his place create a magical mistake of epic proportions, by accidentally turning Max into a young girl - “Maxine”. The spell can not be reversed, although the test is set back to the original date which makes Alex and Justin happy. Later they test "Maxine" to see how long she will stay like that. The resulting donkey sound indicates she might stay like that for a while, and Alex tells her new "sister" to stay out of her closet.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Maria Canals Barrera as Theresa Russo
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- Alex mentions giving chocolate to a pocket elf ("I Almost Drowned in a Chocolate Fountain").
- Alex mentions transforming Jerry into a cockroach ("Dad's Buggin' Out").
- Alex mentions exposing wizardry ("Alex Tells the World").
- In this episode, when Alex is practicing with Justin, she is supposed to turn into pop star Justin Bieber. At the time of this episode's original broadcast, Selena Gomez (who plays Alex) had an on-again-off-again relationship with Justin Bieber.