“Hugh's Not Normous”
|Season 2, Episode 18|
April 12, 2009
After being confronted about her selfish and self-centered behavior, Alex decides to do something nice for once by helping Hugh locate his biological parents—Hugh explains that he's always known that he was adopted, but had always assumed that his biological parents were giants as well until learning that he's just regular-sized boy.
In the end, Hugh's biological parents turn out to be a married couple named Lou and Mary Lou Finemore—Mr. and Mrs. Finemore assure Hugh that they really did love him (and still do) and that they were actually very reluctant to give him up for adoption. However, Mr. and Mrs. Finemore were ultimately too poverty-stricken to be able to properly raise him, and ultimately just wanting what was best for their son, they decided for him to be adopted by a family that would be able to provide for him. Hugh seems very moved by his biological parents' story, and is happy to finally to meet them—Hugh sees that he takes after Lou in physical appearance and that he inherited Mary Lou's fear of crickets and grasshoppers. When it's noted that Hugh's taller than both of his biological parents, Lou jokingly states that Hugh's "a giant" compared to them (Hugh's only just a little taller than Lou).
After Hugh decides to introduce his biological parents to his adoptive parents, Hugh and the Finemores thank Alex for reuniting them and Hugh says that what Alex did was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for him.
- Put on a show, let's let Hugh know what it's like to grow — shrinks a room.
- Roomius Fixus — fixes a room.
- The family history leaf says Jerry's father's name is Duke; however, it is later revealed to be Hank.
- Justin and Alex's exchange about the ruckus is actually dialogue from the 1985 John Hughes film "The Breakfast Club".
- Selena Gomez: Alex Russo
- David Henrie: Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin: Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone: Harper Finkle
- Maria Canals Barrera : Theresa Larkin-Russo
- David DeLuise: Jerry Russo