“Captain Jim Bob Sherwood”
|Season 3, Episode 23|
July 23, 2010
The episode begins with Justin receiving a letter that he won a contest to be the next writer of Captain Jim Bob Sherwood comic books, but then Alex receives a e-mail that she also won the contest, becoming the comic book artist. Jerry congratulates his children until Theresa warns him of the problems that are unleashed when Alex and Justin work together, like a black hole in the sub station
Justin and Alex begin to argue how the best way to make the comic book storyline: keep the traditional storyline of a crime-fighter rancher or embrace a modern fast food-eater who fights against a fire breathing bear. They ask help to Harper, but she refuses to argue with someone who can turn her into a mermaid. Alex then says that magic is the thing that they need and uses a spell that brings the comic book character into the real world. However he also refuses to stand in the crossfire but gets fascinated by the concept of a taco, which Justin says can be found in every corner of New York City.
The captain gets loose in New York and the siblings decide to reproduce a crime in the Sub Station. Harper reproduces the costume of Jim Bob's girlfriend Jessica Moon and Alex uses magic to turn herself and Justin into comic book villains. The captain comes to rescue his lover but finds out the Russo trickery. However he willingly decides to return to his comic book because of New York violence.
The two siblings are then willing to work together and they make a new comic book that's a complete success. Unfortunately, the critics think that Justin is a girl.
- This is causing too much strife, from the pages, come to life - animates an inanimate object from books or paper
- Frizetta kerby; into the comic, you should go - returns a comic book creation back to their source material
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Maria Canals Barrera as Theresa Russo
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- John O'Hurley as Captain Jim Bob Sherwood
- Justin is shown to be bad at drawing in this episode, but he could draw well in the prior episode "Wizard For A Day".