“Alex Charms a Boy”
|Season 3, Episode 8|
January 15, 2010
A boy named Mason transfered from England and he and Alex start to date. He is perfect in every way with the exception of his view of art, which is dogs and parts of American history. Alex tries to make him more American, by throwing water balloons at people (being rude) and laughing in appreciation (making fun of Mr. Laritate and Harper's clothes). In order to make him a better artist, Alex takes matters into her own hands by putting a spell on Mason to make her his new artistic inspiration.
Meanwhile, Justin trains for finding the mummy that took away Juliet, so Jerry gives Justin goggles where you can see behind you so Justin wouldn't have to look into the mummy's eyes and get turned to his minion. During which it is discovered that, when Max cast the spell that set monsters running loose in an idiotic attempt to sabotage Justin's monster hunting, one of the escaped monsters is said mummy, thus making Max himself indirectly responsible for both Juliet's kidnapping and the deaths of all of the other monster hunters.
Magical Objects Edit
- Muse Shell — Makes whoever blows it the artistic muse of whoever hears it.
- Rear-view goggles — Allows the wearer to see everything behind them at all times.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Mason Greyback was mentioned in a season 2 episode Future Harper, as Future Harper asked, "Have you and Mason broken up yet?" Mason and Alex were rumored to break up in Alex Gives Up, but that has since not happened.
- In the UK this episode aired on January 14, 2010.
- Mr. Laritate appears to be still teaching art class, but previously in the episode Art Teacher he said he was going to resign and hire a real art teacher
- In this episode, it's revealed that when Max set the monsters loose in Monster Hunter, he set the mummy loose along with them. The mummy was seen attacking Justin before Alex sent the monsters to Spain.
- Mason: How would you feel about maybe going for some tea later? Then you can make me say all kinds of things that make you laugh.
Alex: Okay. But if "go for tea" doesn't mean a date, then I'm going to be really embarrassed. And that whole accent thing, girls see right through it. (under her breath) No they don't...
- Harper: Don't you see what you've done? Used magic to make your relationship OK. I don't think that's right.
Alex: Harper, doing what's right has never really been my goal.
- Mason: My name's Mason Greybeck.
Alex: Mason Greybeck. That sounds like the name of a game show host. Like, "Mason Greybeck, I'll take Bridges for a thousand, please."
Mason: (imitating game show host) Oh, your question is, "I think you're cute. What do you think of me"?
Alex: (imitates buzzer) We're out of time.
- Mason: Sorry. I think you dropped this.
Alex: No. That's not mine.
Mason: Yeah, I know. I needed an excuse to come and talk to you.
- Mason: (after dropping a balloon) We should run.
- Alex: No. We should have a romantic montage.
- Harper: Mr. Russo, are you quoting Billy Joel?
Billy Joel is a famous singer and pianist, who single-handedly wrote a large number of hit songs during the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The quote that Jerry told Alex "Don't go changing, to try to please me" is actually lyric from Billy Joel's hit song "Just The Way You Are".
- Alex: Mason Greybeck. That sounds like the name of a game show host. Like, "Mason Greyback, I'll take Bridges for a thousand, please."
This is referring to the game show Jeopardy, hosted by Alex Trebek. In the game, contestants ask for a special category and wager certain amounts. For example the contestant would say, "I'll take (certain category) for (certain amount), Alex".
- Character Name: Mason Greyback
Mason Greyback, the name for Alex's boyfriend, has the same last name of Fenrir Greyback, a werewolf in J.K. Rowling's famous book series, Harry Potter